Every week we’ll be featuring a smart, savvy female entrepreneur we think is just great. These are women who are out there in the trenches each and every day, making things happen and affecting other people’s lives for the better. So pull up a comfy chair, grab a cup of coffee and meet this week’s SheBrand Superstar. We can all learn a golden nugget or two from each other.
Name: Melissa Costello
Occupation: Culinary Nutritionist & Wellness Coach
Twitter Handle: @karmachow
1. What are three words that best describe your personal brand?
Healthy, Happy, Vibrant
2. Tell us why you’re awesome in two sentences or less?
I bring my passion for healthy living and delicious food to others so that they can experience their most vibrant and happy self.
3. What are your three biggest indulgences
1) Green Tea Lattes
2) Spending hours perusing the aisles of any Health Food Store
3) Massage – although I consider this a necessity not an indulgence
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people are late. To me it gives off a message that they don’t respect your time.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone (living or not) who would it be and why?
My grandparents, both of whom have passed. I would love to tell them how much they helped to shape my life through their unconditional love and support. I never did tell them when they were alive, I guess I was too immature at the time.
6. Why is having a powerful personal brand important to you?
Because it reflects who I am as a person and what my passion is. It is a representation of every facet of my life: my struggles, my wins, my challenges and successes, which then filters out into the world so I can be a mirror for others on their journey.
7. What is your #1 marketing tip for fellow female entrepreneurs?
Be genuine and authentic no matter what. People will respect you more.